Importing a project from Eclipse ADT to Android Studio can be easy and difficult at the same time. Before any further a do, here is the procedure to export a project generated by Eclipse ADT to Android Studio.
1. File -> Export
2. Select “Generate gradle build files” from the options.
3. Sletect the project to be exported:
4. Open Andoid Studio. Select ImportProject:
5. Select the gradle.build in the app that was generated during eclipse export.
Note: Do not import the whole eclipse project.
6. Click okay to continue.
7. Error: The version of gradle you connect to does not support that method.
Dont panic, this is because, the version number is not getting updated in the gradle wrapper.properties file. We can do it manually. This answer from so, helped me resolve it.
8. Error again: Project is using an old version of gradle plugin.
You can correct this error by just build.gradle file like so.
Change line in build.gradle from:
9. Finally its imported:
These errors are part of the current android studio 0.3.5. These errors may be corrected in the coming versions.