We can get shiny new kitkat look and feel with the new Nova Launcher beta,but the new version of this third party home screen has lot of little visible to make it look almost like the real thing.The beta app can be downloaded from the Nova Launcher site directly if you want to try it out. There is also a Play Store beta program (opt-in after joining) if you want updates to hit your device directly.
Here’s list of what’s new:
- Kitkat scroll indicator (Settings > Desktop > Scroll Indicator).
- Kitkat folders (Settings > Folders > Light Background and Folder Background > Light Circle).
- Kitkat font (Settings > Look and Feel > Icon Font > Condensed, requires Android 4.1+).
- Kitkat app drawer (on by default, get the old style by long-press > Edit > tap the icon > Built-in).
- Transparent system bars on Kitkat (Settings > Look and feel > Transparent Notification Bar).
- Transparent nav bar on Moto X (Settings > Look and feel > Transparent Navigation Bar).
- Drawer tab indicator scrolls during tab change.
- Drawer scroll indicator is relative to current tab.
- Scroll indicators animate properly for infinite scroll.
- Backup/Restore from external sdcard (on devices with sd cards).
- Fast scroll for vertical app drawer.
- Fixes and optimizations