iPhone have two types of display screens:-
1. Retina Display 3.5
2. Retina Display 4.0
If you create a project in xCode 5 and you tries to run the project in iOS 6(or below) with Retina Display 4.0 , then screen will come like this:-
It will show black spaces at the top and the bottom.Why it is not coming fullscreen? Here is the reason for that.
For supporting Retina Display 4.0 , “Defaultfirstname.lastname@example.org” image should be there in your project. xCode versions below xCode 5 used to create this file automatically. xCode 5 do not creates this image file automatically. So we need to add this file manually. Here is that image file.
Here are the steps to add this file to xCode 5:-
1. Copy “Defaultemail@example.com” image file from any of your previous project. Put this file in your project folder. Then add this file in your project
2. Now go to project -> targets -> Copy Bundle Resources . Now add “Defaultfirstname.lastname@example.org” image file here.
Now run the project. The output will be like this:-
Now start working with your project.
Latest posts by Vineet Yadav (see all)
- iOS apps with AutoLayout using NSLayoutConstraint programmatically - December 3, 2013
- Scringo integration in iOS apps and functionality and advantage - December 2, 2013
- Apple Maps Leading With New Generation Maps - November 19, 2013