Web application testing
- Test all internal links.
- Test links jumping on the same pages.
- Test the outgoing links from all the pages.
- Test links used to send the email to admin or other users from web pages.
- First check all the validations on each field.
- Check for the default values of fields.
- Wrong inputs to the fields in the forms.
- Options to create forms if any, form delete, view or modify the forms.
It includes Menus , buttons or Links to different pages on your site should be easily visible and consistent on all webpages
1) Test for navigation
2) content check
Navigation means how the user surfs the web pages, different controls like buttons, boxes or how user using the links on the pages to surf different pages.
Content should be logical and easy to understand. Check for spelling errors.
The application should run on multiple platforms like chrome,firefox,safari. it should be compatible to all platforms.
a) Load test your web application to determine its behaviour under normal and peak loads.
b) Stress test your web site to determine its break point when pushed to beyond normal load at peak times.
c)Test if a crash occurs due to peak load.
Mobile App testing
User interface testing
- This covers validation of each screen,button inputs,navigation flow.
- Text visibility in the selected language.
- Verification of functionality in offline and online.
- user experience.
- Used to verify mobile interface (UI), navigation, and intuitiveness of the application, as well as consistency, and soberness of color schemes.
- Includes the testing of controls, storage media handling options, and other operational aspects.
- Functionality testing for the mobile application is black-box testing and assures that the application functions per the business specifications.
- Executed manually without use of tools.
- Checking mainly for the functionality of the app everything should work fine as per the requirements.
Performance testing :
- It includes checks on server connection changes from wifi to 2G or 3G.
- Shared image size for the application is as per the requirement.
- Application response time.
- peak load performance.
Compatibility testing :
- Assures the application works as intended with the selected device, operating system, screen size, display and internal hardware.
- This entails the validating the application for different mobile devices ,OS versions,resolutions.
- Mobile model compatibility.
- Device model compatibility
Interoperability testing :
- Incoming call
- Receiving message
- Device shutdown
- Remove battery
- Camera activated
- Lose network connectivity and then regain it
Power consumption & battery life testing :
- Testing uncovers defects related to battery drainage caused by the application (device settings can also drain battery life and may make it difficult to determine the cause of the drain), the following are examples of different methods to test power consumption:
- iPhone, iPod & iPad settings are adjusted; screen brightness, minimize use of location services, turn off push notifications, turn off other downloaded applications, fetch new data less frequently and turn off push mail; run the application to determine the rate it took for the battery life to decrease.
Security testing :
- Security issues include: sensitive data that may remain on handsets, or passwords that are displayed on the screen
- Check for the access to files saved in the app by unintended users detect the are in tested application so that they don’t receive any malicious content.
- Data retention on device and transmission security.
Negative Testing :
- Testing the application for fail conditions, negative testing is testing the tool with improper inputs.
- Negative testing is testing that is directed to showing that something will -not- work.
- Negative Testing is simply testing the application beyond and below of its limits.
- Negative testing is testing the application with negative assumptions and navigations to get a negative result which leads to positive one.
- Negative testing is performed to check how the application works if an unexpected input is given which is out of requirements, to check the stability of the application.
- In negative testing, we check whether the application or system handles the exception properly or not. It is nothing but “Test to Break” testing.